Self-Storage Buildings – The Perfect Choice for E-commerce Stores
Could Self Storage Buildings be Ideal for Ecommerce Stores?
When you launch a business of your own, you always have to take some risks. It can certainly be a time-consuming operation to set up a new enterprise. It can also be quite a scary process as you move from employee to business owner.
Over the past couple of years, the COVID-19 crisis has led to many people making career changes. Their previous jobs may have disappeared due to companies closing down or downsizing. Therefore, more people than ever before have decided to launch their own enterprises.
Online retail or eCommerce stores are a rapidly growing business sector. Often, these stores are in the business owner’s own home. But when it becomes a storage facility, it isn’t the ideal situation. All too often, your inventory starts to take over, taking up valuable space and leaving a mess. Therefore, finding more suitable storage buildings is essential to give you back your home life once more.
Self-storage buildings represent the ideal solution, giving you convenient, affordable, and safe storage for your online business.
Why Should eCommerce Sellers Use Storage Buildings?
Metal storage buildings offer a host of benefits for eCommerce sellers. Here are just a few of those advantages:
- You can free up the space in your home. Instead of allowing your stock to take over your living areas, a metal storage building is a perfect alternative. You can keep your inventory safe and secure without cluttering up your house.
- There are lots of different building sizes to choose from. There is lots of flexibility when it comes to choosing storage buildings. You can find one that’s the right size for your storage requirements and scale up or down as necessary.
There’s no need for you to source individual warehouses for your various inventory items. You can keep all of your goods in a single convenient location, ready to be shipped out to buyers.
- All of the items are well-protected. Storage buildings offer climate-controlled facilities, so none of your inventory will be damaged by excess cold or heat.
- You can benefit from excellent security. If you keep your stock in your own home, you are putting yourself at risk of theft. If criminals find out that you’re keeping potentially valuable goods on your own property, they may be encouraged to break in. They may steal your personal items as well as your stock and cause you great losses.
- When you use a self-storage building, you will be well-protected by appropriate insurance. You may not be covered adequately on your home insurance for goods relating to your business. Therefore, you may find that you are out of pocket if they are stolen. The building is also very secure and greatly reduces your risk of becoming
a victim of theft.
- You can benefit from the liberty of seasonal storage. For example, at certain times of the year, you may have larger stock storage requirements. The holiday season, for example, is a common time for eCommerce sellers to require additional storage space. There may also be times of the year when you require less storage. A storage building is a flexible option that you can use as and when you need it all through the year.
- There are lots of flexible customizations that you can benefit from when you use a metal storage building. There are many designs, styles, and sizes of building to pick from, so you’re sure to find one that meets your business needs.
Top Tips to Help You Manage Your Self-Storage Building for eCommerce
If you’re running an online business and want to use a self-storage building for your inventory, it’s important to know how best to manage it. Here are some top tips to help:
- Be aware of the rules and regulations about the kinds of companies you can run from your storage building. Different companies have different rules. While some allow you to conduct workshop operations, others only allow goods storage.
- Talk to the provider before you choose, and make sure you invest in Self-Storage Insurance and Business Insurance if necessary.
- Organize your stock effectively and make sure that your items are easily accessible so you can get to them whenever you need them. You don’t want to have to unpack your entire storage building to get to items stored right at the back!
- Make sure you use proper packaging materials for your inventory items. You don’t want any goods to be accidentally damaged due to a poor choice of packing.
- Depending on the type of products you need to store, you may need to choose a climate-controlled building. This will be important if the items you stock can be damaged by excess heat or excess cold.
- Keep different temperatures of stock separate when in storage so that nothing gets accidentally damaged. If certain items need to be kept at a lower temperature, select a specific storage building for that purpose.
- Make sure that the building is kept clean, both outside and inside. You don’t want your inventory to get dirty due to poor maintenance. Ensuring that regular cleaning is carried out will help to keep your stock in good condition in the long term.
Choose the Right Self-Storage Building Today!
Are you ready to choose the perfect self-storage building to meet your eCommerce business needs? Then Storage Building Central is here to help! We have an outstanding range of storage buildings to suit your purposes and our prices are highly competitive.
Whatever your storage requirements, you can rely on us. We have an extensive array of large and small storage buildings as well as climate-controlled facilities that are ideal for your online retail requirements.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professional team today to find out more about our storage buildings. We’re looking forward to hearing from you, so give Storage Building Central a call now at +1 (844) 315-3151!