Why You Should Buy Climate Controlled Storage Buildings
Imagine being a musician who has to put his prized Les Paul away while in the middle of a big move. A computer expert who has a high-end home system for telecommuting but will be out of town on the other side of the country for a few months. A caregiver helping mom store a few precious family heirlooms and pieces of fine art. Is standard storage good enough? No!
The musician would unpack his guitar to find a warped mess, the computer expert would spend days cleaning out corrosion and dust simply to hope that her system is salvageable and the caregiver would have to face the rest of the family when mom’s prized Hoosier cabinet comes out of storage covered in mold. Climate-controlled storage isn’t for everyone, but for the small up charge in expense, it provides an invaluable option for fragile, sensitive or otherwise easily damaged items. Here are five great reasons why you should invest in climate-controlled storage.
1. Protects from Drastic Temperature Changes – Are you storing items in a part of the country that has drastic temperature changes? Wood items, including furniture, antiques and musical instruments can warp, split or crack from changes in temperature and humidity. Books, business records and fine art can be damaged, as the temperature changes can cause serious harm to the chemicals used in producing these items. Climate-controlled storage keeps your items at a consistent temperature that is above freezing and below 80-90°F.
2. Have Great Air Quality – Because the air in climate-controlled storage buildings is constantly being circulated and filtered, it stays clean. This is very important in preventing dust from building up, such as in sensitive electronics and documents. What’s more, if you’re one of the millions of Americans who struggles with allergies or asthma, being able to move items into and out of storage while minimizing exposure to your triggers can make your process that much easier.
3. Provides an Additional Barrier from Dust and Debris – To keep a climate-controlled building operating efficiently, the structure is sealed with an insulated roof, walls and solid floors, with gaskets sealing the doors and windows. Not only does this cut down on the dust and debris that can show up in your belongings, but it also cuts down on the number of rodents and insects that may settle into an outdoor-facing unit. Goodbye, Mr. Cockroach!
4. Provides Humidity Control for Extra Protection – In addition to temperature control, some climate-controlled storage spaces also include humidity control. Typically maintained around with 55% of base humidity, these structures manually add or remove moisture to the air to maintain the most consistent storage conditions possible. To prevent warping in fine woodwork, precious heirlooms, rare antiques and expensive musical instruments, nothing provides the level of care that controlled humidity does.
5. Gives You Peace of Mind – The cost of a climate-controlled storage building is slightly higher than the cost of traditional storage buildings, but the lack of damage, pests, grime and worry quickly make up that slight difference. Instead of having to worry about whether your Aunt Edna’s prized biscuit bowl or your original Stradivarius are doing well in storage, you can get on with the million other things you need to get done in the meantime.
Let’s Get Your Items Stored!
By storing your items in a safe, climate-controlled storage building, you can rest assured that your treasured possessions will remain safe from harm due to dust, mold, heat, cold, insects, rodents or any number of other dangers. At Storage Building Central, we’ve spent over 20 years becoming one of the best providers of climate-controlled storage buildings for your long- and short-term storage needs. Please feel free to contact our building specialist on +1 (844) 315-3151 today!